Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The End is Near

I want to praise God for the experiences I have been through for the past 6 months and also thank Him that its almost over. I finished up my final round of chemo Saturday July 13, and I have spent the last couple weeks recovering and feeling pretty great. Today Ron and I met with my surgeon and I have my ostomy takedown surgery scheduled for next Monday Aug 5. I am ecstatic and nervous and emotional just thinking about being done with this all. I keep thinking that when I am done, my life will be normal again but I know I am walking into a totally new territory. I have had Crohns disease since I was 12 years old so I am not sure what "normal" really is but I can't wait to find out!
Thank you to my friends and family who have prayed in faith that I would persevere through all of this, I have gained strength and comfort from knowing that. I appreciate the continued prayer and support as I have my surgery next week and will have about 4-6 weeks recovery time. I have found one of the best ways to draw strength is to sing praises to God even when things are weighing heavy. So, please praise Him with with me as I embark on this next path in my life journey and that I will continue to find strength and courage for the next steps.

3 comments:

  1. You have taken great strides in your journey Heidi and I hope and pray for surgery and healing process to go well! Thank you for posting your journey to all of us! I pray you have a Long ,happy life together with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heidi, My name is Lauren Speegle and I ran across your blog doing some google searching on folfox. I have a similar story to you, I"m 33, a wife and mother to two kids (a 3 year old son and daughter who will be one this month) and diagnosed in July with stage 3 colon cancer during an emergency abdominal surgery. I just started folfox this week as "insurance" to prevent any reoccurence. (after having a clear petscan) The whole experience has been so scary. I have found your blog inspirational to witness your devotion and trust in God throughout this trial in your life. At this point I don't know how I will make it through the standard 12 treatments, I'm interested in learning more about what your doctor said about the 6 treatments vs 12. Do you have a facebook account?

    Take care!! God bless you and your family, Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. My email is laurenspeegle@gmail.com :)

    ReplyDelete