Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Victory is the Lords

Well quite a lot has happened since my last update and many of you have been asking how I have been doing. I apologize for not updating sooner but to be honest I was a little overwhelmed and nervous to say out loud that I was finally going to be done with everything. I felt like if I said it out loud I was going to jinx it somehow and that scared me. But through a lot of prayer, talks with God, family and friends I can finally say confidently "I am a Cancer Survivor"!!!!
So to update you on what has happened in the last month or so...I had my ostomy take down surgery on Monday Aug 5, the surgery went amazing and I was able to leave the hospital 2 days later on Wednesday. I went home with what my husband referred to as a bullet hole size open wound in my stomach where the ostomy was and everything replumbed. I thought the whole process of relearning to go to the bathroom was going to be really hard but I was amazed on how well everything went. I met with my oncologist on August 22 and he said all my bloodwork came back normal and we just need to follow up with testing in 3 months and then every 6 months after that for the next 5 years to make sure nothing has changed. I asked if I could have my port taken out since I was all done with chemo and he said yes so I had that procedure done this last Friday. So as you can see I have been very busy but with all good things. My "bullet wound" is healing and my chest is just a little sore from the port removal but overall everything is going great! I can't even believe that I get to say that!
When I was diagnosed with cancer 7 months ago I have never been more scared in my life, scared that I might not get through this but mostly scared for my husband and boys. I have been blessed with the opportunity to embrace my life and live it as well as I can, but I decided early on that I wasn't going to get through this with a poor me attitude. I want to be here to raise my boys, grow old with my husband and hopefully hold my grandchildren one day. This is my HOPE. This is my PRAYER. But no matter what, I’m living NOW.
Now that I am done with this journey I probably won't be updating my blog very often, I am taking this opportunity to refocus my life, concentrate on the future and live a life that truly reflects God's heart. Please know that I am very open about talking about my story, so please feel free to ask questions. I will not be forgetting about the past, I have learned from it accepted it and am now moving on.
One last thing I do want to encourage you to do is never ignore the signs of your body, even if you may feel embarrassed to talk about it, always remember your life is more important.

No comments:

Post a Comment