Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Count down is on....

Well the count down in on now, I am in enjoying my last few days of "normal" before my surgery. Spending a lot of time with the Ron, the boys, family and friends. 

A few things have happened since my last blog post, first being i received the biopsy results from last weeks tests and they came back NORMAL! So I will be able to go ahead with the J Pouch surgery as we planned as long as there are no complications once my doctor gets into the surgery. I know a lot of people have had questions regarding my ilieostomy and then having a J Pouch and what that all looks like. I think this picture  really shows the stages of my surgery well and what the end result will be. Sorry if it is a little graphic for some of you :)

I met with a young girl named Nicole on Friday to talk about her journey with Crohns and the J Pouch surgery, it went great! She was such a sweetheart and really explained the ins and outs (literally) of the ilieostomy and how things are since her take down surgery with the J Pouch. Not to be vane but I am struggling a lot with the idea of the bag, because I am only 28 and I do worry/care about body image. It was good to hear how she hid it as far as clothing, bathing suits etc... I had her tell me like it is, no sugar coating it.  That was exactly what I needed to hear, her struggles, her fears, everything! I am so thankful to have met her, to know it is hard but you can come out stronger on the other side. Sunday, my amazing parents set up a prayer time at our church after the 11:00 service for people to pray with Ron and I and our families. I can't even tell you how touched we were to have people take time out of there days to surround and left us up in prayer. I felt God's presence in an amazing way, and it touched me more than people will ever know. 

Today I had my ostomy appointment where they explained everything that I will need to know about my ileostomy and also picked a spot for where my ileostomy will be located. They had me sit, lay and stand until they found the perfect spot for my ileostomy to go.  The big black circle is the spot they choose, it is now ready and marked for my Surgeon. 
Today was my last day at work for a while, which was hard, I love my work family, they are an amazing support and been with me through a lot over the years. I am beginning to get anxious and nervous and a little scared as Thursday gets closer. I know in my heart that I am going to be okay, but my head doesn't always agree. I am thankful for the "My People" who have surrounded me with love and support and distracted me from everything that is going on as well.

Prayer Requests
1. Continued peace as I prep for surgery
2. That God gives Ron and I the right words to say when we talk to the boys tomorrow about me going into the hospital for a while.
3. For Ron's and my families as we all take on different roles to help both me and my little family get through this.
4. Dumb I know, but that I get a private room at the hospital :)

My prayer for today..."Lord, You promise to bless me and keep me. You make your face shine upon me and are gracious to me. How comforting is it to know You actually turn Your face toward me and give me peace. Your eyes are on those who trust in You, on those whose hope is in Your unfailing love. Your eyes are on me!" - Barbara Johnson, Praying Through Cancer

Whisper this prayer today, God can carry you through anything.

2 comments:

  1. Sending you lots of prayers for peace, strength, and courage, Heidi. Also sending you a lot of good thoughts as you prepare to prepare your boys. All my best, Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend and I pray at 5:30 in the morning and we will be calling out these specific requests. Patrice Lyle

    ReplyDelete