Saturday, March 30, 2013

Home Sweet Home

Well, yesterday was the big day they let me go home! It could not have happened without the love and support of my family and friends. Ron, My Mom, Dad, brother Brian, sister Julie and sister in laws Erica and Emily sat by my side pretty much everyday all day. The stay started out rough, but with the help of my amazing nurses, doctors, My people and God's helping hand I pushed myself and finally got over the hump and started to feel a lot better. As of yesterday morning all my tests revealed I was doing well enough to go home. Ron packed up all my beautiful flowers, which were amazing by the way and we headed home. My room looked like a beautiful spring garden and EVERY single person who came in was blown away by them, including me.

I arrived home tired buy elated, as we drove in the driveway I started bawling, I couldn't believe I was actually home and was going to have our little family all together again. The boys came home a little while later after I had a nap. I can't explain how wonderful it felt to hold them in my arms and snuggle in our own home. I was in quite a bit of pain last night because of course I didn't listen to Ron and tried to do too much, lesson learned. Please pray for me in that area, I feel helpless not being able to help with the boys, do laundry or make dinner. I am not really good at just sitting and resting, I am always doing something.

The next steps are to have a follow up appointment with my Surgeon in 3 weeks to make sure everything is healing well, and working correctly. The doctors are extremely concerned with me getting dehydrated, which is one of the biggest reasons that people end in the hospital again after an ileostomy. So I have to drink 10 8oz. glasses of water a day to make sure that doesn't happen, and it will be even more when I get on Chemo. I have an appointment with Dr. Brett Brinker an oncologist on April 18 to discuss my next steps regarding chemo. 

Thanks again to each of you, dear family and old and new friends, for your words and deeds of kindness and love toward me and my family. I would really like to say a special thank you to those who sent flowers, brought gifts, cards, food for my family and those who visited me, I feel so special and loved. Thanks to my in laws for watching the boys the entire time I was in the hospital, it was such a relief to know they were well taken care of. Thanks for your continued prayers for my complete healing and endurance through the long battle ahead.  Thanks for the FOOD that is filling our fridges and freezers and now that I can eat again, oh, am I ever enjoying  your healthy, thoughtful, "healing" meals!

Prayer Requests
1. That I can learn to rest and take it easy so I can recover completely.
2. The pain goes away, I am not taking any narcotics because I don't like them so I am controlling pain with Motrin and Tylenol.
3. For Ron, the boys and My mom as they are helping me recover.

Ultimately, I offer thanks to Jesus who heard me cry out in pain and despair "help me Jesus" about a million times this past nine days.  And He did.  What a privilege it is to know and serve Immanuel--the God who loves us and is WITH us.  Amen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment